Mission & Objectives
The Australian Thyroid Foundation Ltd (ATF) mission is to offer information, education and support to members and their families, using the many services provided by organisation and raise much needed awareness throughout Australia about the consequences of thyroid disease and iodine deficiency and the benefits of achieving good thyroid health.
Aims & Vision
The Australian Thyroid Foundation Ltd (ATF) seeks to provide services to the community, through the established channels of:
- Continual Upgrade of Member Services
- Awareness about the Importance and Benefits of Achieving Good Thyroid Health
The ATF strives to achieve the following goals:
- Through an Australian-wide educational program, jointly working with selected sponsors/partners to educate the Australian community about the benefits of good thyroid health through proper diagnosis, treatments and medications.
- Raise awareness to help overcome iodine deficiency through all life stages with education about the importance of iodine enriched foods and supplements for pregnant women to achieve adequate iodine levels.
- To co-operate and collaborate with healthcare professionals in supporting and treating patients with thyroid disorders.
- To lobby governments for funding and support to help increase awareness of thyroid disorders and iodine deficiency to help improve patient outcomes.